HCMA provides the following information to help Administrators and Department Directors in planning and implementing a quality pastoral/spiritual care program for their healthcare facility.
- To Administrators – Here you will find a brief description about HCMA and how The Joint Commission recognizes HCMA Chaplains as an example of how their standard for pastoral care services can be met in healthcare facilities and programs.
- The Value of an HCMA Chaplain – This article lists thirteen distinct benefits of having a competent and compassionate HCMA Certified Chaplain provide pastoral/spiritual care at a healthcare facility.
- Chaplain-Patient Ratios – A one-page answer to the question: How many Chaplains are needed to meet the spiritual needs of patients?
- Starting a Chaplaincy Program – HCMA is committed to helping healthcare facilities plan and implement a quality pastoral/spiritual care program. This article will give you an overview of how to get started.
- Staff Chaplain Job Description – This sample job description may be adapted for use in any setting.
- Director of Pastoral/Spiritual Care Job Description – This sample job description may be adapted for use in any setting.
- What Others Say – You will find here statements made by patients, family, and staff about the positive impact of HCMA Chaplains serving in healthcare facilities.