Please note — You will be transferred to a secure website to enter your donation amount and credit card information. At that time, you may also enter a designation in the “Description” field of the payment page if you wish.
Not all HCMA Chaplains are an employee of the healthcare facility and receive a salary. HCMA Chaplains depend on individuals, churches, foundations, businesses, and other organizations to provide their financial support. Please consider giving to an individual Chaplain or to the HCMA Chaplains’ Benevolence Fund or Training Scholarship Fund. If possible, support your Chaplain through monthly, systematic giving. You might also consider including HCMA in your will. Such gifts expand and encourage the chaplaincy ministry and allow future Chaplains to train and serve effectively.
HCMA has consistently maintained high ethical standards regarding its financial accountability throughout its over 75 years of history as a faith mission organization. It has always been committed to “taking pains to do what is right, not only in the eyes of the Lord, but also in the eyes of men” (2 Corinthians 8:21, NIV), with regard to its finances. These financial precautions are done so that no one will be able to discredit HCMA in the administration of its mission. HCMA is a member of the ECFA and has always followed the “Standards of Responsible Stewardship” established by the ECFA.
Click Here to read the Financial Accountability Statement.
Click Here to view our Mission Statement
Click here to view our Statement of Faith.
HCMA Chaplains are present for the most dramatic and emotional moments in the lives of patients and their families, offering spiritual support for them, as well as for medical staff who are often overwhelmed by the spiritual needs of patients.
Please help HCMA support its Chaplains by making a contribution. You may choose to invest in several areas of ministry. Below, we have outlined several specific areas, to show you the full impact your contribution may have on its members and the people they serve.
Continuing Education Sponsorship – Sponsor an HCMA Chaplain for the national conference. HCMA provides an annual conference for its members. It is a valuable time of learning, networking, and fellowship. Our Chaplains, who must rely on monthly contributions to support their ministry, often do not have extra funds to attend the annual conference.
- Your gift of $350 will help provide a full scholarship to one of our chaplains.
- Your gift of $200 will help provide a scholarship so a Chaplain’s spouse can also attend.
- Your gift of $400 will help sponsor travel expenses for a chaplain who must travel a significant distance to attend the conference.
Chaplain Ministry Sponsorship – Sponsor an HCMA Chaplain’s ministry at the bedside.
There are many HCMA Chaplains who need monthly financial support in order to continue their ministry at a healthcare facility that does not have a budget for pastoral care. Not all HCMA Chaplains are employees who receive a salary or benefits from the facilities where they serve.
- Your regular gift of $100 per month (or whatever amount you choose) will help sponsor one HCMA Chaplain’s ministry and will have a positive impact on hundreds of people throughout the year with the love and compassion of Christ through that Chaplain.
- Your single gift of $800 will help sponsor one full week of ministry ($949 in California) and will have a positive impact on about 100 people with the love and compassion of Christ through that Chaplain.
- Your single gift of $3,467 will help sponsor one full month of ministry ($4,113 in California) and will have a positive impact on over 400 people with the love and compassion of Christ through that Chaplain.
HCMA Annual Conference Sponsorship – Sponsor the HCMA Annual Clinical Conference.
The fees that our Chaplains pay to attend the national conference do not cover all the costs of presenting the conference. Your donation will help offset expenses and allow us to keep the fees to a minimum for our Chaplains.
- Your gift of $5,000 will make you a major sponsor of the conference. Receive two complementary conference admissions (includes room and board) and make a 5-minute presentation at the opening session. [One sponsorship at this level]
- Your gift of $1,000 will sponsor a plenary session. Receive one conference admission (includes room and board) and make a 3-minute presentation at the plenary session. [Three sponsorships at this level]
- Your gift of $500 will sponsor a workshop. Receive one day-use conference admission (includes meals) and make a 3-minute presentation at the workshop. [Eight sponsorships at this level]
HCMA Daily Operations Sponsorship – Sponsor HCMA.
The cost of carrying out HCMA’s mission was $156,954 per month in 2012. Your donation to the General Fund will help ensure that patients, families, and healthcare professionals will be comforted and transformed by the grace and compassion of Christ through the ministry of our HCMA chaplains.
- Your gift of $3,077 will sponsor one month of training costs.
- Your gift of $964 will sponsor one month of communication with our trainees, chaplains, and new applicants.
- Your gift of $2,549 will sponsor one month of office rent.