HCMA Chaplains come alongside people at some of the most dramatic and emotional moments in their lives. They offer apt pastoral/spiritual support to patients and their family members, as well as medical staff who are often overwhelmed by the spiritual needs of patients and residents.
Please help HCMA support its Chaplains by making a contribution. You may choose to invest in several areas of ministry. Below, we have outlined several specific areas to show you the full impact your contribution may have on its members and the people they serve.
HCMA has consistently maintained high ethical standards regarding its financial accountability throughout its over 75 years of history as a faith mission organization. It has always been committed to “taking pains to do what is right, not only in the eyes of the Lord, but also in the eyes of men” (2 Corinthians 8:21, NIV), with regard to its finances. These financial precautions are done so that no one will be able to discredit HCMA in the administration of its mission. HCMA is a member of the ECFA and has always followed the “Standards of Responsible Stewardship” established by the ECFA.
Click Here to read the Financial Accountability Statement.
Chaplain Ministry Sponsorship
Sponsor an HCMA Chaplain’s ministry at the bedside.
There are many HCMA Chaplains who need monthly financial support in order to continue their ministry at a healthcare facility that does not have a budget for pastoral/spiritual care. Not all HCMA Chaplains are employees who receive a salary or benefits from the facilities where they serve.
- Your regular gift of $100 per month (or whatever amount you choose) will help sponsor one HCMA Chaplain’s ministry and will have a positive impact on hundreds of people throughout the year with the love and compassion of Christ through the compassionate ministry of an HCMA Chaplain.
- Your single gift of $800 will help sponsor one full week of ministry ($949 in California) and will have a positive impact on at least 100 hurting people who need the love and compassion of Christ through one Chaplain’s caring ministry.
- Your single gift of $3,467 will help sponsor one full month of ministry ($4,113 in California) and will have a positive impact on over 400 people with the love and compassion of Christ through a single HCMA Chaplain’s ministry at the bedside.
Continuing Education Sponsorship
Sponsor an HCMA Chaplain for the Annual National Conference.
HCMA provides an annual clinical conference for its members. It is a valuable time of learning, networking, and fellowship. Many of our Chaplains, who must rely on monthly contributions to support their ministry, often do not have extra funds to attend this annual conference.
- Your gift of $475 will help provide a full scholarship to one of our Chaplains.
- Your gift of $200 will help provide a scholarship so a Chaplain’s spouse can also attend.
- Your gift of $400 will help sponsor travel expenses for a Chaplain who must travel a significant distance to attend the conference.
HCMA Annual Conference Sponsorship
Help sponsor the HCMA Annual Clinical Conference.
The fees that our Chaplains pay to attend the national conference do not cover all the costs of presenting the conference. Your donation will help offset expenses and allow us to keep the fees to a minimum for our Chaplains.
- Your gift of $5,000 will make you a major sponsor of the conference. You will receive two complementary conference admissions (includes room and board) and will be able to make a 5-minute presentation at the opening session. [One sponsorship at this level]
- Your gift of $1,000 will sponsor a plenary session. You will receive one conference admission (includes room and board) and will be able to make a 3-minute presentation at the plenary session. [Three sponsorships at this level]
- Your gift of $500 will sponsor a workshop. You will receive one day-use conference admission (includes meals) and will be able to make a 3-minute presentation at the workshop. [Six sponsorships at this level]
HCMA Daily Operations Sponsorship
Sponsor HCMA and its ministry of chaplaincy training and certifying qualified Christian Chaplains to serve in the healthcare setting.
The cost of carrying out HCMA’s mission was $126,139 per month in 2015. Your donation to the General Fund will help ensure that patients, families, and healthcare professionals will be comforted and transformed by the grace and compassion of Christ through the ministry of our HCMA Chaplains.
- Your gift of $3,000 will sponsor one month of training costs.
- Your gift of $1,000 will sponsor one month of communication with our Trainees, Interns, Chaplains, Assistants, and New Applicants.
- Your gift of $1,912 will sponsor one month of office rent.
Please note — You will be transferred to a secure website to enter your donation amount and credit card information. At that time, you may also enter a designation in the “Description” field of the payment page, if you wish to do so.